From Tales Untold LARP
(Redirected from System changelog)
- 1 Post Chapter 2 Changes
- 2 Pre Chapter 2 Changes
- 2.1 25/08/2019
- 2.2 16/08/2019
- 2.3 14/08/2019
- 2.4 12/08/2019
- 2.5 09/08/2019
- 2.6 05/08/2019
- 2.7 03/08/2019
- 2.8 01/08/2019
- 2.9 18/07/2019
- 2.10 19/06/2019
- 2.11 17/06/2019
- 2.12 16/05/2019
- 2.13 17/04/2019
- 2.14 16/04/2019
- 2.15 13/04/2019
- 2.16 12/04/2019
- 2.17 09/04/2019
- 2.18 26/03/2019
- 2.19 24/03/2019
- 2.20 22/03/2019
- 2.21 21/03/2019
- 2.22 25/01/2019
- 2.23 17/12/2018
- 2.24 05/12/2018
- 2.25 19/11/2018
- 2.26 05/11/2018 - Post Chapter 1 Changes
- 2.27 Pre Chapter 1 Changes
Post Chapter 2 Changes
18/10/2019 - Major Updates
- General Improvements
- More uses for Riel will be added to Conquest - these will become apparent during uptime
- Updated dates and venue references
- Clarified there will be a total of 7 Tales Untold Events
- Completely revamped the Crewing page
- Safety Policy
- Clarified that TELEVISION is not a de-escalation call. Use of TELEVISION means that all parties involved in the current interaction, including the person who called TELEVISION should stop roleplaying.
- Added a non-verbal component to TELEVISION - crossing arms over the chest
- Added "OC: BACK OFF" as a de-escalation call with a non-verbal component (two fingers in the air, hand waving down)
- Students can no longer be student to multiple Sages
- Students can no longer be student to multiple Mentors
- If you have a bond that is now invalidated, please inform us before Chapter 3 which Bond you wish to discard. It will be discarded, not mechanically Broken, since this is an OC change.
- More ways to achieve Bonds will be added before Chapter 3
- Ambiguous Orders will be considered void and discarded
- If no Forces are given Orders it will be assumed all Forces have been ordered to Fortify.
- Phases are 2 hours long
- Certain Conquest spells will be rebalanced in cost. This will be advertised closer to the event.
- Monarchs can now choose to Cede Territories
- Quests will no longer be a total guessing game - they will be rigidly advertised by name and time they are going out
- Quests will always have combat, and will always take a maximum of 7 people
- Every character will have a token that allows them to Quest. This is spent when going on a Quest. These may be given to other characters if you do not wish to go on a Quest.
- Vignettes will have similar improvements to telegraphing, never involve combat and take a maximum of 4 people
- Only 2 characters from the same Realm can go on the same Quest
- Quests are never Realm-Specific
- Combat Rules
- There is no automatic healing, not even on Quests
- Calls go through Polearms
- Healer: You may not HEAL yourself
- Armour Training: Buffed Armour. Gives you 3 RESISTs every 5 minutes to any call including REND.
- Wanderer: Wanderers can now receive Interludes from other Realms - either 2 adjacent Realms, or 1 non-adjacent Realm.
- Wanderer: Wanderer snippets are now explicitly about encounters within Quests.
- Monarch: Monarchs gain new powers
- Monarchs can Cede Territories to other Realms
- Monarchs can once per event speak uninterrupted for 60s (get a Ref first!)
- Reigning Monarchs can OC submit a Quest idea for their Realm between events
- The Tournament
- Only 2 fighters per Realm are allowed in the Tournament. You may fight for a Realm that is not your own.
- Only one jousting side per Realm may fight in the jousting stage.
- Added Chapter 2 Joust oath rules, including Champions
- Defining Moments can be used to force a Joust.
- Defining Moments
- More abilities - HEAL FULL yourself, force a Joust, freeform ritual
- Defining Moments are only distributed at the start of events. New characters will receive moments based on their backgrounds.
- Sneaky Defining Moments will be subtly phrased.
- Misogynistic songs will not be tolerated at Tales Untold. This is in direct violation of our Acceptable Themes and will be dealt with severely.
- Added a note to be courteous and respectful to Crew.
- Added clarification that full and clear reports of what occurred when an incident is reported is needed to bring Refs up to speed quickly.
- Published Chapter Two Conquest Results
- Ticket Price increase by £5 to cover venue costs and respond to inflation
- Player Tickets are now £80
- Crew Tickets are now £25 (to cover food only)
- Added dates for Chapter 3
Pre Chapter 2 Changes
- Reduced Conquest phases by 30 minutes on Events
- Added On Site / Off Site Timings to Events
- Added Fonts of Magic evening closure to Events
- Updated bio for Myffanwy the Wise.
- Updated Acceptable Themes to clarify that self harms as a means of expressing distress is NOT a theme covered by the game, but Blood Magic is.
- Added Policy for absent Monarchs/Generals to FAQ
- Added Willow Lynn to Cotswell
- Added Welfare information to Events
- Added Ellen as a point of contact for complaints you don't feel comfortable bringing to Katie or Steph.
- Removed Mages get a bonus spell at the start of their first event since we failed to implement that for Ch1.
- Made it explicit that you should not pursue topics of conversation someone is uncomfortable with, or contact with someone who has asked you to leave them alone in Behaviour Policy
- Added Brother Cairrfhion to Cedunon
- Added Season to Phase mapping to Conquest and Results: Ch 1
- There are 5 Seasons in Tales Untold: Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Midsummer.
- The year is still the same length, just different delineations have been made.
- Added FAQ about which way North is.
- Added Ch 2 map to The Hundred Realms
- Updated Behaviour Policy to make it explicitly okay to correct someone's use of pronouns.
- Updated LARP Safety to make it explicitly okay to call STOP THE GAME in the presence of unsafe fighting
- Renamed Ops Desk to reflect changes in Core Team
- Added End of Ch1 Conquest Map to Results: Ch. 1
- Updated Core Team names
- Moved Character / Realm Submission deadline to 19th April 2019
- Updated FAQs with questions about Magical Creatures and the Fey
- Updated Character Information with new public bio
- Updated Booking Policy to account for Waiting List.
- Updated Character Information to reflect bookings and Character Submissions
- Updated Hundred Realms with Post Ch. 1 territories
- Added Fury
- Added Conquest Results for Chapter One
- Added Auralia and Chaturan to Hundred Realms
- New Public Bios limited to 200 words
- System side but not Wiki side, we will be looking at adding additional rewards/stakes for Jousts and the Melee
- Where one side of a Curse / Blessing is not able to make an Event, we will talk with both players to decide what the most fun solution is
05/11/2018 - Post Chapter 1 Changes
- Added TOM Desk description to Events: this is designed to make it easier to find a Ref for queries in a consistent location.
- Time in is at 9.30am now
- More print-outs of information will be available
- More lighting will be available
- Updated Defining Moments to clarify that that Players can recommend their own Defining Moments
- Changed rules on Defining Moments - Defining Moments no longer must be sealed and when presented can be asked to be read aloud. Any existing Defining Moments from Chapter 1 may be opened and read by their owners at their leisure
- We will be working to make sure that Defining Moments come out with more regularity
- We are also looking at adding more avenues to spend Defining Moments but aren't ready to release those yet.
- The deleterious effect from Curses will now apply at the start of an Event in which they are active, rather than occurring immediately.
- Quests locations will be well defined on the Conquest board from the start of the Event. Some will be dark-only Quests and these will be clearly marked
- The Wanderer skill now allows Wanderers to ask for information about 3 Quests over the course of the Event at the Conquest table or TOM Desk
- Times that Knights will take out Quests (and which Knight) will be advertised from the start of the Event, as will the Quest they intend to take when that is confirmed
- Quest locations must be chosen an hour before the Quest departs and this will be announced
- There will be an upper limit on Quest party size
- We will be looking at improving the threat level and risk/reward balance of Quests
- We will be adding an additional Quest Ref
- At the back end there will be better monitoring of who has gone on Quests to ensure everyone who wants to go on a Quest can, and to ensure the distribution is fair. Whether or not this manifests mechanically will be something we look at in the run-up to Chapter 2
- Monarchs will no longer need to consent to a Quest being taken to their territory, but may of course continue to have opinions about such Quests occurring without their say-so
- We will be looking at improving Bonds to make them more accessible for non-combatants and to enhance the roleplaying associated with them. We are not ready to make changes at this point but have plans to change these while in keeping with the intent of what is currently on the Wiki
- Additional Melees will be organised during Chapter 2, though we haven't decided quite when yet
- Tournament Jousts will be clustered so that there are several at a time rather than one every half hour
- The area where Jousts and Melees occur has been renamed to The Proving Ground, and will be always available as an area for fighting where injury and death may occur
- There will be a rule on the Tournament Melee that only 2 combatants from the same Realm may make it into the Tournament
- Emphasised two second rule and added reminder that if a Ref asks you to change your fighting style you should accommodate that
- Your death count is now a number of minutes equal to your current maximum number of hits (yes, this means that if you give up Blood for magic, your death count will be shorter)
- Changed the rules around giving someone the Monarch or General crest (temporary stepping-up) - you must sacrifice one of your skills while you use the crest, and may only use that skill again once you have passed on the crest to someone else.
- Stout now gives you 6 hits
- Your death count is now a number of minutes equal to your maximum number of hits
- Removed Survivor skill and rolled its functionality into Stout
- Clarified that Armour Training increases your Death Count by 1 minute now, and that Stout increases your Death Count by 3 minutes
- Conquest Resources will now persist between Phases and Events
- More space will be given around the Conquest Table
- New Realms that are generated between Events will be added to the Conquest Table in such a way that they have the same advantages that starting Realms had
- We will be looking to add more elements to the Conquest Table but will not confirm what those are now
- Added Character Submission Deadline equivalent to the Late Booking / Cancellation Deadline. We reserve the right to cancel bookings where a character has not been submitted before this point, particularly where we have received no communication on the matter
- Clarified that the Core Team may refuse a booking without needing to give a reason why
- Added Avoidance Policy
- Added Player Event Policy
- Increased Crew Capacity to 35
- Added additional Story Ref role
- Added addition Quest Ref role
- Reduced number of Magic Refs to 1
- Adjusted accessibility FAQ based on new site
- Adjusted indoor accommodation FAQ based on new site
Pre Chapter 1 Changes
- Clarified that Shields block damage but not melee effect calls
- Clarified how you retry a miscast spell with a Sage Mage Bond
- Updated Conquest Rules to be more straightforward to understand
- Modified Spell List descriptions
- Nerfed Blessing of the Mighty Warrior
- Made Mage Shield more expensive (5 beans)
- Added clarification about implausible Effects to Performing Magic
- Added to Bleeding Out rules that when bleeding out you can be carried and affected by effect calls.
- Added that Healing through the Healer skill must be done to a target within sword's reach
- Mages must go to the Fonts of Magic themselves to collect their Beans
- Added Stratiotora information
- Added Penmortid information
- Added Melltith information
- Added Svobodaskein information
- Added Cerrid information
- Updated Rhyfel flag
- Added new Realms and Characters
- Clarified that a Most Trusted Servant bond requires the Master to not have another Most Trusted Servant bond
- Clarified Stepping Up on Skills
- Clarified the Support Order does not move a Force into a Territory (previously it said Realm)
- Clarified that you can wield a weapon no longer than 42" as default
- Clarified at base that you cannot wield a weapon longer than 42"
- Clarified that you don't need Two Handed Weapon Use to wield a shorter weapon with two hands if you desire
- Removed requirement to have a character submitted before your booking is confirmed
- Added first character to Character Information
- Opened Booking
- Added Event 1 deadline to Next Event page
- Clarified that weapons checks to be done by "weapons refs". These refs will be highlighted once confirmed from registered crew.
- Amended Armour Training - Your max hits are increased from wearing Armour.
- Clarified HEAL ZERO Call - This stops a characters death count and from bleeding out, but does not restore hits or ability to use skills.
- Also clarified this in the Healing section.
- Changed optional bio to required public bio and optional private background in Character Creation
- Wiki updated from Playtesting and released
- Wiki published for Playtesting