"Why would you question a Quest?" - Galahad
Just because the powers of the many Realms are gathered in Camelot doesn't mean the world outside stops turning. There will be occasions where. a journey back past The Great Shroud to face challenges on the outside with be needed. These opportunities are known as Quests, and they don't come easy...
How to Quest: Quick Guide
- Find a cause for which you wish to Quest!
- Find a Knight willing to take you - they will specify a time they will leave, you should be ready at that time.
- Gather your Quest party with the Knight you are going with. Between 5 and 7 in a party is a good number, but it will depend on who will stand with you (and who the Knight is willing to take)
- Quest! When you reach the Shroud, the Knight will ask you to:
- State your names
- State your Quest goal
- Detail any scrolls or magical items you carry and their expected effects to the Knight taking you.
Finding a Quest
Quests can come from anywhere - an outside threat on the conquest board, a request direct from a Knight, or a whisper on the wind. At the start of each Event, markers will be present on the Conquest board that represent opportunities to affect the world in the here and now, for example the appearance of a Dragon or rumours of a Troll, or long forgotten loose ends from the Knights to tie up on the outside world. These markers represent all the opportunities that will exist, it's up to you to choose where you want to go! There will be more markers than opportunities to Quest.
Characters with the Wanderer may, up to 3 times per event, ask for a piece of information about a Quest marker in order to help them to pick. This should be done at the Conquest table or at the Ops desk.
Some of these Quests will only be available after dark - these will be clearly marked.
Convincing a Guide
No matter where your cause has come from, the fact remains that you still need to get out of Camelot to face it.
It's not a simple as just walking out the gates, not with the Great Shroud in the way. Luckily, it seems that those who have been living in Camelot since its fall know some of the Great Shroud's secrets and if you are able to convince them, they may well be willing to show you the way.
Only question is, how to convince them? Getting to know the Knights should afford you some insight into how this is best accomplished.
At the start of the event, the Knights will make it clear when they are going to take Quests outside of Camelot - some may also make it clear which Quests they would prefer to take. Each Knight can only Quest once per event, and the Quest they are taking out must be decided an hour before they are due to leave.
Preparing for a Quest
It's dangerous outside Camelot, so you'll probably also want to stock up on Magic or other resources. You won't be able to make new Scrolls while outside Camelot, so get your supplies ready and be sure to make note of what you're bringing with you.
Work out who's coming with you, but remember that some guides may have opinions about who you're bringing, and how many of them there are. There will be an upper limit on the number of people in one Quest party.
Meet the Knight
Once you persuade a Knight to take you on a Quest, they will give you a time and place to meet at. When you do, the Knight will ask everyone in the party one by one, privately, for the following information:
- Your name
- Your Quest goal (OC, please tell the Quest Ref if you are intending to go against the goal of the party - it helps us plan!)
- Details of any Scrolls or magical artefacts you are bringing with you and their expected effects (do not open any scrolls unless you wish to cast the spell before leaving!)
Assuming all is well, the Knight will create a gap in the Great Shroud and take you to the start of your Quest. They will accompany you until your Quest is through and you ask to be returned to Camelot.
Remember, the world outside Camelot is dangerous. Be prepared.