Tales Untold is a game in which stories of many varieties and themes may occur. However, there are some themes we would like to remind players to be particularly sensitive about if they choose to explore them, and some which have no place in this game.
If you have any questions at all about these, do contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Potentially Sensitive Themes that may occur
Themes listed here may occur during the game, but please use them responsibly and be aware these themes are sensitive. If another player tells you you are making them uncomfortable OC then they are by definition correct and you should adjust your behaviour accordingly.
- Blood magic is a part of our setting and magic system, and therefore phys-repping of such an act may appear. Self-harm as a means of expressing distress is a theme that this game will cover.
- Discrimination on the basis of physical disability or mental health condition
- The world of Tales Untold is dangerous both physically and metaphysically. Conditions which permanently harm the body or mind are likely to come up, and reacting to these in character is appropriate. Discrimination on the basis of OC disability or mental health condition is wholly unacceptable.
- Consensual sexual contact
- Extreme violence
- Extreme gore
- Eating disorders
- Curses and plagues on crops, military burning of harvests, and other such means of destroying food stocks are well-accepted ways to harm an enemy, and as such extreme hunger and starvation may be themes that occur. Mental health related eating disorders such as anorexia will not occur. Discrimination on the basis of OC eating disorder is of course wholly unacceptable.
- Incest between similarly aged family members
- Mind Control or other means of removing agency
- Magic will not ever allow long term direct mind control or dominance over another character, however magic is capable of altering perception and emotion, or causing immediate effects such as "Bark like a dog for 5 seconds"
- Domestic Abuse
- Child Death
The following themes will not occur during the game and you should not make reference to them in play or in back story. Ignoring this rule is a good way to get yourself removed from the game.
- Sexual assault, sexual coercion, or any other form of non-consensual sex
- Sex with minors
- Use of real-world discriminatory slurs
- Discrimination on the basis of gender or sex
- Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation e.g. homophobia
- Discrimination on the basis of gender identity e.g. transphobia
- Discrimination on the basis of real-world ethnicity or race
- Discrimination on the basis of real-world nationality, religion or faith
- Forced abortion
- Miscarriage and still-birth
- Genital Mutilation